If you are new to poker, you should try playing online poker. It is the fastest growing game in the world and very popular among many people. Online poker is very different from traditional poker. Other than it is easier for a beginner to start playing it, there are more differences between the online and traditional game.
For me, I prefer playing poker online than playing in casino. Let me share with you my reasons:
1. You can play it anywhere. As long as you have a laptop and an internet connection, you can play poker online anywhere. Even after a hard day of work, you do not need to drive long hours to a casino to play it. You can play the game with only your shorts on in the comfort of your bedroom.
2. You do not need to assemble all equipments before playing. With online poker, no organizing is required. You do not need to gather friends to come to your house and play. You can find many like-minded individuals in online poker room and you can organize a game anytime you want.
3. You do not need to gather players. As I mentioned earlier on, you can play online poker anytime you want. Sometimes, it is really hard to gather players for a game. This makes playing at home very hectic. With online poker, you can choose to play with anyone you like. Just join any existing game or create a new game in poker rooms and you should be able to gather players easily.
4. There is no time restriction. Whenever you are free, you can play it anytime you want, even at work! Just don’t get caught by your boss. You can also play the game as long as you like or as short as you like.
5. You can leave the table anytime you like. If you feel that your luck is bad, you can choose to leave the table anytime you like. No one will stop you.
One thing to note is that you should only play with money that you can afford to lose. Online poker is for leisure, there is no need to bet your life savings on it. If you are a beginner, you should join a room that offers you free credits. This allows you to learn the game with free credits before playing it with real money.